Compliments, complaints and disputes

What to do if things go wrong

We make every effort to get things right so you do not have any complaints. If you do have a complaint please contact us so we can put things right as quickly as possible. If you wish to make a complaint there is a simple way that you can inform us by completing this online form.

We always welcome the opportunity to resolve your complaint informally but, if we are unable to do so, we have a formal disputes procedure for the Local Government Pension Scheme you can follow (see the Dispute Procedure Guide in the "Helpful Information" section).

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

At any time, if you are having difficulties in sorting out your complaint, you may wish to contact TPAS. TPAS can provide free advice and information to explain your rights and responsibilities.

Pensions Ombudsman

If you are not happy with the response to your complaint and TPAS have not been able to help you, you can get in touch with the Pensions Ombudsman who can investigate your case.